Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Beautiful Easter and A trip to Fairfield, CA

St. Elizabeth Catholic Church, Milpitas, CA

Tired from my travel from Manila to San Francisco due to flight delay, no sleep and migraines, these circumstances did  not hinder me from doing my activities of the day.  It was April 8, 2012 and was a beautiful Easter Sunday.  A glorious Christian feast celebrating the resurrection of  our Lord, Jesus Christ.  The Lord came to earth with a life to give so each one of us may continue to live.

The budding trees, the new flowers  and birds that sweetly sing whisper to me that it's Easter.
The spirit of Easter is all about Hope, Love & Joyful living.

Earlier before my trip to San Francisco,  I asked my friend and colleague from our U.S. headquarter if there is a Catholic church near Staybridge Suites Hotel since I will be there on Easter Sunday.  She replied that there is one about 15 minutes away and then  she told me that she is going to take me with her to church and  invited me to come along with her and her family to Fairfield, California to celebrate her sister's birthday.  That was a nice gesture and I am blessed to have met Maria Queri.  She is popularly known as "MT" at SunPower Corp. U.S.A. Her complete name is Maria Theresa Queri.

I took my complimentary hot breakfast buffet at the dining area of Staybridge Suites at 8:00 AM and MT arrived at 8:30 AM with her niece, nephew, sisters and brother-in-law to pick me up.  Her niece, Nene, an Altar girl was going to serve that morning.  They were all kind and warm people. We dropped by their house for awhile and got to meet her cool parents and other relatives before going to church.  The weather that morning was cold but soothing to the skin.  It makes you feel relax and the surroundings were clean and quite.  We finally arrived at St. Elizabeth Catholic Church.  We were parking and I saw the amazing Milpitas mountain view.  It looks so serene and beautiful from the church.  Thank God it's beautiful !

Milipitas, CA Mountain View

St. Elizabeth Catholic Church
750 Sequoia Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035, U.S.A.

The Rectory Office

St. Elizabeth is the second oldest Catholic church in Milpitas, established in 1968
Inside St. Elizabeth Catholic Church

I've met some people in the parish and I think most of them were Filipinos and Vietnamese.  We greeted each other a "Happy Easter".  The celebration of the Holy Mass was solemn and joyful  with the help of the parish choir. Their songs lifted our hearts and spirit to the Lord.

We exited the church after the joyous community celebration and I still could not take my eyes off the Milpitas mountain view while we were walking back to the parking lot.  It was an awesome panoramic view.  It looks so near from where we were yet so far.  Before we proceeded to Fairfield, California, we stopped by MT's house to get some stuff and we took off.  The travel time to get there was an hour.  Since I have not had a good rest yet, I tried to sleep while traveling for thirty minutes and use the other thirty minutes gazing on the beautiful surroundings.

Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
Fairfield, California is one of the smaller cities in the Bay Area.  It is the home of the Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Factory, the manufacturer of the world's #1 gourmet jelly bean.

The birthday cake of Ate Marilou, MT's older sister

At Fairfield, I met the rest of MT's family and they were all friendly and hospitable. It was the 58th birthday of Ate Marilou, MT's sister. They made fun of her so her age appeared  as 85 years on the mouth-watering strawberry fondant cake.  Most of the food served were "Pinoy" food ~ Pancit Bihon, Litson Kawali, Sisig, Kalderetang Kambing (goat), Dinuguan, and friend chicken.


With Birthday Celebrator, Ate Marilou (in the middle wearing a red jacket) and the rest of MT's family

To Maria Queri and family, thank you for inviting me over and for your warm hospitality.  I had a wonderful time with all of you.  Cheers !!!



No comments: