Banana Oat Muffin
It was a special non-working day in the Philippines last August 21, 2013 to commemorate the martyrdom of the late senator, Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, Jr. so this gave me some time to practice baking and to try my newly purchased La Germania 600 Series model :). I sticked to La Germania brand since our old gas range and oven had been with my family for over 20 years now and is still working. The oven feature is now out of order so I bought a new one.
I have some riped bananas at home so I decided to make banana oat muffins, a high fiber version of the banana muffins with the addition of whole-wheat flour, rolled oats and raisins. Hmmm, this is going to be so yummy !
Here are the ingredients :
* 1 Cup whole wheat flour
* 1 Cup all purpose flour
* 2 Very riped bananas, mashed
* 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 Cup brown sugar
* 1/4 Cup canola or vegetable oil
* 1/2 Cup rolled oats
* 1/2 Cup golden raisins
* 1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - whole wheat and all purpose flours, baking powder, cinnamon and rolled oats.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients - riped bananas, brown sugar, eggs and oil and mix until smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until incorporated and add the raisins.
5. Place the paper liners into your muffin pan and distribute the batter evenly.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Total Time : 30 mins.
Freshly Baked Banana Oat Muffins