BANANA CUPCAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
I was thinking of what to give to my friends and relatives this Christmas and I came-up with baking some cupcakes for them. The best gift is the one that comes from your heart and you really made a big effort for it. I stayed up so late just to finish my cupcakes. I baked a total of seventy two (72) pieces of banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. This is yummy !!!
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 6 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (1 stick)
* 1/4 cup milk (If you prefer a creamier frosting, you can add more milk)
* Chopped Reese's Peanut Butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and bananas.
- Mix until combined thoroughly.
- On low speed add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir together until combined.
- Line muffin pans and fill with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cupcakes are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the baking pan and let cool completely before frosting.
1. Combine peanut butter and butter and mix on medium speed until combined.
2. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
3. Add milk slowly until desired consistency is reached.
4. Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes and garnish with chopped up Reese's Cups (if desired)
Baked banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and garnished with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
This is my Christmas packaging for my cupcakes. I decided not to put frostings on some of my cupcakes for those who wanted it just a plain banana cupcake.
A pack of six (6) cupcakes in a Christmas box
Christmas House Packaging for solo cupcake
I baked seventy two (72) pieces of cupcakes for my Christmas gifts. Here are some of the finished goodies ready for delivery.