Sunday, March 23, 2014

The French Macaroons (Macarons)


What's in this bag ?
A couple of weeks back,  our guest from France gave me something sweet from his homeland.  The paper bag says "Laduree."  I am not familiar with it but he said it is macaron.


Founded in 1862, Laduree is a French luxury bakery and a well-known top seller of double-decker  French macaroons.

 
The macaroons are placed in a charming and  artistically made box.  It is like a jewelry box... beautiful ! Great packaging !


The French double-decker macaroons  has a light and delicate texture and pretty colors It has a variety of flavorful fillings

Visit my other blog :
 http://heavenlybaked-elvierose.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elvie, you had me at “French”! :-)

>The paper bag says "Laduree." I am not familiar with it
- Neither was I. Laduree does not remotely sound like ooooh, macaroons. Sigh.

>It is like a jewelry box... beautiful ! Great packaging !
- Totes! The colourful visual on the outside is a great preparation for similar glory on the inside.

>A couple of weeks back, our guest from France gave me something sweet from his homeland.
- Well done, Elvie’s Guest From France! For skipping the traditional Toblerone (yawn!) and other mainstream items and bringing her something unusual.

Changing lanes to spiritual food.

Last week, I received the following via e-mail from a cousin of mine. I think the little boy is of Filipino origin. Immediately, I thought of my Filipino friends. I’ve just sent this link to my other friends. Here it is for you:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=565874703479003

Even if I’m wrong about his roots, he’s still a delight to watch and listen to. Appropriate for Holy Week, me thinks.

A bit early I know - I wish you, Elvie, your parents, sister(s?) and your schweet lil’ bow wows a Happy Easter! Enjoy yourself baking and enjoy treating your loved ones to the labour of your love.

Kate