Monday, June 20, 2011

New Balance Trail Run Adventure 2011

New  Balance Trail Adventure 2011

It was raining yesterday and I thought the New Balance Trail Adventure will not push through.  I was wondering whether I should go or not when all of a sudden I got  a text message from one of my colleagues that she wanted to get a ride going to the event. Well,  I decided to go to the venue with her to check it out and I found out that  rain or shine the event is going to proceed.  It was an hour delayed though. There were a number of SunPower employees who registered for this Trail Run  since this was endorsed by our Human Resources Department and announced to all employees.  But not all were able to make it due to weather condition.  The Trail Adventure fell on Father's Day and it was packaged as a family activity on this special day.

The New Balance Trail Adventure was actually my FIRST trail  run since I started running last year so I was excited about it.  I was ready to run in the middle of the rain, get some cuts  from the bushes and soak my shoes in mud and dirty water.  I was asking my other colleagues can we run with an umbrella ? Ha, ha, ha.  In the actual event, I did saw some participants holding umbrellas while running.

This is our singlet and I love the color and design

With some of my colleagues at SunPower soaked in the rain after the run

With my SunPower friends : From right, Beth, Virgie, Marj and myself

The Vice President of Cell Fab 2, Sir Boy Alfelor and his wife, Liza visited the event.  Here we are with other SunPower employees

We had a fun-filled day during Father's Day at the New Balance Trail Adventure.  My father usually accompany me everytime I join fun runs but he was not around this time. He went to our province in Bohol so I just sent him a message on Father's Day. 

A wacky shot in the rain !  We made it ! Yehey !

With my step sister, Darling (in yellow shirt) and her cousin, Phoebe

My always clean running shoes

My dirty socks and shoes...soaked in mud and dirty water !  I will definitely have a hard time washing my socks and turning it back to its original color

We're runners !

Trying to wash my shoes in the shower but can't get enough water

I finally found a running water to wash my shoes and legs. It's at the side of the water truck

Gosh ! What happened to my Sketcher ?  Mud..Mud..Mud.  Washing my shoes in order not to mess the car



3 comments:

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

Wow! Congrats on finishing. =D I hope to do something like this one day.

Great blog. New follower. Hope you follow back.

-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

*Check out my giveaway:
http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

Terrans said...

Hi Elvie,

Nice running costumes. You guys had such of great time even though you got mud all over your shoes and socks :))

Terrans
http://www.pfinusa.com
http://www.pfinusa.blogspot.com

Trail Runner said...

Hmm, very nice photos.
D.Sadie - you're right! you must do this not just one day, I know would enjoy this as much. :D