Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Simple Surprise Birthday Bash !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

March 1 is my red-letter-day, my birthday and I turned another year older. My bosses and colleagues greeted me a Happy Birthday with  a surprise mango bravo cake from Conti's.  I was not expecting anything that day just birthday greetings from my family, friends and colleagues who remembered my birthday.

There was a meeting going on at the Fab 1 boardroom that day with our COO, Marty Neese from our U.S. headquarter.  My boss, Jascha Ortmanns (VP - Sunpower Phils. Operations), Rey Mella (VP - Fab 1 Mfg. Operations), Chuck Stone (VP - Engineering) and other top officers were there.  The big bosses were busy and pre-occupied. In the afternoon, my colleague, Joema approached me and told me that my boss, Jascha is requesting me to go to the boardroom.  So, I brought my notebook and pen with me.  As I enter the room, I saw a yummilicious mango bravo cake with a lighted candle and my bosses and colleagues sang the Happy Birthday song.  I was deeply touched by this gesture and I could not hold my tears from falling. Just to let you know I easily cry even when watching a dramatic scene on TV. I become emotionally attached to the situation as if I am in the character's shoes.

To my bosses and colleagues at SunPower,  thank you for remembering me on my special day !

Conti's Mango Bravo Cake
Mango Bravo is a best seller cake at Conti's Pastry Shop and Restaurant.  It is an extra-ordinary cake made up of  layers of meringue with cashew nuts in between layers, cream and fresh mangoes coated with whipped cream icing, with chocolate mousse and drizzled with chocolate syrup and  then finally topped with sliced frozen fresh mangoes.

Red Roses from our housemembers
I woke up in the morning getting ready for work and our housemembers handed me three red roses.  They took it from my Mama Zen's garden and just arranged it on their own. They did not spend anything for this but I really appreciate their thoughtfulness.

Ube Cheese Cake
I came home a bit late in the evening from work and my family waited and prepared something for me. My stepsister, Darling gave this nutrilicious blend of ube and cheese cake with creamy butter icing.

For You Daddy !

You might be wondering why is there a "For You Daddy" photo here.  This is intended for Kate, a fellow blogger.  I do not know her personally, we just met in the blogosphere.   I would like to extend my gratitude to her for  greeting me and  mentioning  me  in her  blog  which she wrote  last  March 1, 2012.  It was  a nice gesture  and she definitely touched my heart.  This is her blogsite ~ http://foryoudaddy.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/giving-up-and-taking-on/.  Her blogsite name  "For You Daddy" is a tribute to her dad.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so right! When I chose that doggie pic for you, I did it because of the words. Somehow I just knew you’d have a beautiful cake for your birthday. :-)

>They took it from my Mama Zen's garden and just arranged it on their own. They did not spend anything for this but I really appreciate their thoughtfulness.
- Those are the best kind of gifts, Elvie; from the heart.

>My stepsister, Darling gave this nutrilicious blend of ube and cheese cake with creamy butter icing.
- I enjoyed ube when I was there. Ube and cream cheese sound like a yum combination.

>You might be wondering why is there a "For You Daddy" photo here.
- Whoa! This bowled me over! What a wonderful surprise! I love the picture, too. It is so much like Dad and I were a long time ago.

>I would like to extend my gratitude to her for greeting me and mentioning me in her blog which she wrote last March 1, 2012.
- Gratitude accepted with delight! See how simple it is to brighten someone’s life?

Am happy for you that you had a wonderful birthday from the time you woke up through your work day and when you got home again. Have just as wonderful a year, Elvie!

Kate