Monday, December 8, 2014

My Nativity Scene and Christmas Village

 THE NATIVITY SCENE

It has been our family tradition to put up a nativity scene at home every Christmas.  It is a reminder of the birth of  Jesus Christ, our redeemer. The above nativity set is already nine (9) years old and originally without a stable.  It was only figurines so I decided to make a stable out of scrap woods and garlands this time.

Saint Francis of Assisi created the first nativity scene in 1223 with the intention to cultivate the worship of Christ, having been inspired by his recent visit to the Holy Land where he had been shown Jesus's traditional birthplace.

CHRISTMAS VILLAGE

 MY CHRISTMAS VILLAGE
This year I decided to create my Christmas Village out of the figurines I have collected over the years. 

 Most of the lighted houses in this Christmas village were bought long time ago  by my late mom who passed away in 2005.  Those are my remembrance from her.

 Most of the items here were on sale when I bought them.  I was lucky !


Looks so cute !


Little snowmen with different expressions are adorable

The Christmas village and the nativity scene together



Behind the Christmas Village is a tall Santa Claus

This clown is cool and from a garage sale !

Please visit my other blog :
http://heavenlybaked-elvierose.blogspot.com



No comments: