Monday, July 12, 2010

Run 4 Life 2010 @ Westgate, Alabang

My singlet ... I love the color combination. It's full of life

From right, Christine Marie Dolotallas-Bernardo, Ivy Dolotallas "Lovely", Elvie Mesiona and Rose Ann del Rosario

My friend, Christine Marie Dolotallas-Bernardo, wife of Jerry Bernardo also from SPML, the same company where I am currently working invited me to join a Fun Run “Run 4 Life” 2010 at the Serenity Place, Westgate Center, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang today, July 11, 2010. Christine is a close friend of mine since I was still at Cell Fab 1. Her first born baby named David is my God child. She now have three beautiful children and all boys. On her second pregnancy, she gave birth to a twin (it runs in her family).


The 3 Km. runners : Elvie Mesiona, Christine Marie Dolotallas-Bernardo, Hani Dollotallas and his wife, Jojo

Christine Marie Dolotallas-Bernardo and Elvie Mesiona

Christine Dollotallas-Bernardo and Elvie Mesiona near the stage

Elvie and Christine trying out the Reezig rubbershoes by Reebok.  The rubbershoes cost Php 4,195.00


This is my own shoes... A Sketcher :o)

It was actually her sister, Lovely who started joining this kind of events in the past and Christine and her siblings were encouraged to join as well. That’s how she started participating in the Fun Run recently. I think this is her third fun run already. Christine find it exciting and I wanted to try it also for fun and experience. Most importantly, it is for a good cause. It is for my health and I am also helping other people as well so it is a GO, GO, for me.
Our group at the Run 4 Life 2010 Lifeline Foundation Fun Run

The ladies : from left, Jojo, Christine, Lovely, Elvie and Rose Ann
Elvie and Lovely on the trampoline

I participated in the 3K run with Christine. There were a number of people at the venue. People from all walks of life … young and old, locals and foreigners joined this fun run for a good cause. I did not get any medal but I am so happy that I was able to finish the 3K and help those who are in need.


The proceeds of the Run 4 Life goes to the following beneficiaries :

1. Satellite School Program (3K)

2. Patient of the Month (5K)

3. Medical Missions (10K)

What an event to start your day. I felt so tired yet I felt so good for the accomplishment I have made not only for myself but for others. Well, this is just the start ! I am running again at the Rexona Run 2010 organized by Runrio at the SM Mall of Asia on August 01, 2010. I registered already with Christine and I have my Rexona Run 2010 singlet with me. Registration period : June 28, 2010 – July 26, 2010. Go register now and join the fun !


It feels good to finish it !


I finished the 3K Run at 24 Minutes and 52 seconds.  The No. 71 runner who finished it.  Not bad for a first timer :o)

The ladies after the run

Just resting after the run