Sunday, November 14, 2010

My first 10K Run...Adidas "King of the Road", October 24, 2010

The 10K Route

There were lots of activities going on this October that I forgot to blog about the Adidas "King of the Road" Fun Run which was a significant thing for me as it was my first 10K run.

I started running in July, 2010  and it was Christine Marie Dolotallas-Bernardo, my friend and office colleague who invited me to join the fun run, "Run for Life" which was my very first fun run experience.  I found running enjoyable and as a good medium to keep you fit and healthy so I became interested in it.  This was the start of my running activities.  I started with the 3k and then 5k and now I tried to run the 10k.  It was a great challenge for me. The Adidas "King of the Road" is my 6th Fun Run since July, 2010. By the way, I saw two celebrities from ABS-CBN, Sam Milby and Maja Salvador that day.  They participated in the 5k category.  I normally bring my camera when running but unfortunately I forgot it inside the car so I was not able to take some pictures with them.  What a lost opportunity ! Sayang !

Me and Christine at the Adidas "King of the Road".  The sun is up and it is gettng hot !

My very first 10k run.  I made it without collapsing.

Yellow bibs are 10k runners and the red bibs are 21k runners.  21k participants are automatically given a medal. Wow !!!

All smiles from the runners kahit super pagod

After the run...we were sweating and we wanted to have some iced cold drinks

10k Runners...From left, Fe, Christine and Me

With Leo Briones, one of my office colleague at SunPower. He participated in the 21K category.

10k runners in action

This is me and almost at the Finish Line...Gosh konti na lang malapit na ko !!!

At long last, I see the Finish Line !

I made it !!! Yehey !

Me and Fe Imperial with Sam YG, DJ of the radio station 89.9. He joined the 21 K category

ASAP dancers Robbie and Neil joined the 5K category.  They were requested to dance on stage

Popular fashion designer, Tess Prieto-Valdez who joined the 21 K

The University of the East Pep Squard performing

U.E. Pep Squad with their acrobatic acts

The stage and a number of people

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All girls wear sleeveless but one. Maybe she'a quite shy to exposed her kilikili :)