Saturday, May 7, 2011

And the Oscar Goes to... Gregory Reichow (A Tribute to Our Vice President for Operations)

Gregory Reichow, Vice President ~ Sunpower Philippines Operations.  My boss looks so handsome in this photo.  I made this slide for his tribute "Greg's Oscar Awards"

Sunpower Philippines Mfg. Ltd. gave a tribute to a great leader, my boss ~ Gregory Reichow  last April 27, 2011 at the Bellevue Hotel Manila. The theme of the event was "Oscar Awards".  There was a red carpet entrance. Men had to wear black tie and the ladies had to wear long gown or cocktail dress. 

The event started with  cocktails and  photo-ops.  A Photo wall was set-up incorporating the theme "Oscar Awards". It was cool ! The welcome remarks was delivered by our Vice President - Global HR, Mam Rose Katalbas.  This was followed by a game called "How Well Do You Know Greg?" which was assigned to me.  I made the questionnaires and I asked Greg's wife, Leigh Anne to review and suggest additional questions.  During the event, I asked  her to join me on stage and we alternately asked the questions.  The participants had a great time guessing the correct answer.  There were two sets and the winners were Dennis Mendiola from our Module Operations and Sir Boy Alfelor, our VP for Cell Fab 2.

After the game was a Special Opening Number from Greg's staff and that includes me.  This is our song and dance number.  Remember the song "Who Wouldn't Love Greg !" written by our Purchasing Director, Aloy Yamzon which  I featured earlier in my previous blog with a great video ?  That's the song we sang with a simple dance dedicated to my boss.  I hope he liked it.

The ladies part in the song "Who Wouldn't Love Greg"

The gentlemen's turn

All Together now

The Finale of the song

Greg's Oscar Awards Program

The main highlight of the event was the presentation of the Oscar Awards. Each department presented an award where Greg is much appreciated or best remembered. Some of the awards were funny and others were serious. Below were the awards and Greg received an Oscar Trophy for each of the  awards. 

           DEPARTMENT                               AWARD TO GIVE

Fab 1 Operations – c/o Rey                        Lifetime Achievement
Fab 2 Operations – c/o Boy                       Best Performance
Fab 3 Start-up Group – c/o Rob                Best Kisser
Modco – c/o Ralph                                    Outstanding Athlete – Golf
SSO – c/o Ray                                           Grandfather of SSO
MTG – c/o Chuck                                      Best Director
QA – c/o Jong                                            Best Coach
ITG – c/o Kits                                            Hall of Famer
HR – c/o Cherie                                         Most Inspiring Leader
SPC – c/o Glo                                            People’s Choice
PaL – c/o Aloy                                           Extraordinary Gentlemen
Admin – c/o Elvie                                       People-Oriented Leader
Security – c/o Henry and Bobby                 Compliance
Finance – c/o Don                                      Best Looking Actor

I represented Administration, my boss' department and we gave him  the"PEOPLE-ORIENTED LEADER AWARD". Below was my speech and the video of what I have presented to my boss.

The People-Oriented Leader Award is a distinguished award given to an individual who leads not only with his mind but also with his heart. My script goes like this... Here are the nominees for the People-Oriented Leader Award : (See video)


"You may be wondering why all the actors in the video has Greg's face. Well, these well-known actors may possess good physical attributes and great personalities  but my boss surpasses or outshines them all.  He not only possess all these but he has a heart for the people at Sunpower.  This is the greatest quality that I truly adore  of Greg as my boss all throughout the seven (7) years he stayed with us at Sunpower.  After my serious accolade,  I joke and told my boss " So Greg, thank you for working for me for seven long years.  You have done a great job ! If Tesla changes its policy, I'll hire you again" :) :) :)"

Here are some of the photos during the event :

My boss, Greg, our Tom Cruise and Superman :)

My boss and me

With my boss and his wife, Leigh Anne

Me and some HR staff with my boss

With our Chief Operating Officer, Marty Neese (Middle at the back)

Me and Marty Neese (Greg's boss)

The Admin. Ladies with Marty Neese

Me and other guests

The Admin. Ladies

With May Verdejo of HR

With Sir Boy Alfelor, VP - Cell Fab 2

Rob Vinje, our VP-Expansion  and his wife, Lisa Vinje

With Donald Mika.  Don is like a father to Greg.  He supported my boss during Sunpower start-up operation in the Philippines

The Manufacturing Technology Group

The HR Team with Marty Neese

Darin and Wayne...Funny shot !

Mr. and  Mrs. Adam Detrick

The Manufacturing and Back-End Team

Sir Boy Alfelor and the Modco ladies

With my boss, Greg

Gloria, Greg and myself

From left : Irma, Me, Glo and Sandra

With Sir Boy Alfelor and Cost Engineer, Florence Chen

With Marty Neese, our COO

With Sir Rey Mella

With the Human Resources Dept. Team

Gorgeous Gentlemen !

Irma, Me and Floz at the Vue Bar

A Speech from my boss

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT LEADERSHIP AND INSPIRATION !  MORE POWER TO YOU ! WE LOVE YOU !



No comments: