Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roses for Greg...HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Greg's current and childhood photos.  He is already handsome even when he was a baby

It was my boss' birthday last October 6, 2010 and all his direct reports, managers and some employees gave him a birthday surprise.  I asked all his direct reports and managers not to greet him that day as if no one remembers that it is his birthday. Early in the morning,  I texted him that I am going to report for work late because I have to attend to a family matter.  But the truth is I am preparing all the things that are needed for his surprise birthday celebration. Sir Aloy, our Purchasing and Logistics Director and I thought of what to tell Greg to make him go to Lyra room.  We ended up making a scenario that there is a problem with one of our vendor's letter of intent and Sir Aloy needs to discuss the issue with him. We have to assemble at Lyra at 2:00 PM but Greg had some VIP guests at that time and their fab tour got delayed since they were still discussing something in the meeting.  It did not end on time so I asked everyone to assemble at 2:30 PM instead of 2:00 PM. I was monitoring Greg's return to the boardroom and I finally saw him came back from the fab tour with the guests and they did a wrap-up meeting for awhile.  I texted all concerned to get ready already at the venue as Greg and his guests are going down the lobby already.  I was worried because Sir Boy, our Site Director and his managers are still having a work session in preparation for their Strategic Planning Meeting at the Orion Room and they are not done yet.  They all need to go to Lyra before Greg goes there.  I tried my best to hold Greg at the lobby telling him that Aloy is going there to meet him.  It is so difficult to tell a lie or to tell a story which is not true when you are not use to doing it.  He asked me a lot of questions why Aloy needs to meet him at the lobby and why not upstairs in his office.  I told him that they are having the meeting at the work group and his vendor is soon leaving already.  When I was talking to Greg, he seem to read already that we are planning on something for him.  I can see the smile on his face. Finally, Sir Aloy arrived and talked to him and I rushed to Lyra Room.   Sir Aloy needs to bring him to the room for the surprise. The lights were off inside the room and then when Aloy and Greg came, we opened the light and sang the birthday song. 

We were singing the birthday song for Greg

Blowing the candle and making his wish

A speech from Greg

Our Giant Birthday Card for Greg ! Cute !

Our birthday messages for my boss

The ladies lined-up to give Greg a rose and a kiss

The ladies with their roses

Roses for You !

Greg's yummy Red Ribbon Cake !

Let's eat ! The food is delicious ! From left, Migs Fabila, Donna Obviar-Balmaceda and Joyce Nanquil

Greg with the Admin. Ladies, Sir Boy Alfelor, Dwight Deato and Randy Bunda

From left, Florence Chen, Tere Palicdon, my boss ~ Greg, Teof Llanes, Me ~ Elvie and Luz Fule

From left, Me ~ Elvie, Faith Lago, Grace Flores and Cathy Bayhon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR GREG !!!






No comments: