Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Little Dog...Batibot

My dog, Batibot
Born August 16, 2010, my dog, Batibot is now eight (8) months old.  He is very energetic and playful.  He loves to fetch.

I got the name of my dog from the Philippines children's television program called "Batibot."  It is an educational program based on Sesame Street premiering in 1984 with the name "Sesame" which was eventually renamed to "Batibot" after several years. Batibot means "small, but strong and robust" and so is my dog. As Sesame! the program used both English and Filipino as the media of communication, but after evolving into Batibot, the show became a completely Filipino language children's educational show. For some reasons, the program was shelved after almost 20 years of providing educational and wholesome entertainment to kids of the 80's and 90's generation. However, I am happy that the children show was revived back in November 27, 2010 and aired over TV5.

The original Batibot was produced by the Sesame Workshop (Children's Television Workshop) and Philippine Children's Television Foundation, Inc. (PCTVF). CTW broke this relationship with PCTVF in 1989.

The casts of the New Batibot aired at its new home, TV5

Batibot wearing a dog shirt and shoes

He is ready to walk around the village

Can I go now ?

Batibot when he was still two (2) years old

Cute Little Batibot

No comments: