Thursday, December 23, 2010

Riding the World's Largest Ferris Wheel...My Singapore Flyer Experience

Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer is the world's largest observation wheel. Standing at a stunning 165m from the ground, the Flyer offers you breathtaking, panoramic views of the Marina Bay, the island city and beyond. There's also a wide range of shops, restaurants, activities and facilities.

As mentioned earlier in one of my blog,  I got a free ticket to Singapore Flyer courtesy of my generous boss.  When I landed at Changi Airport,  I did not proceed directly to Melaka, Malaysia yet which was my destination.  I went around Singapore first and the Singapore Flyer was one of the attraction I visited.  I was fortunate that another employee from SunPower, Arnold who was also on the same flight accompanied me to go around places in Singapore.  He is actually visiting a supplier in Singapore for a couple of days.

Here I am at the Singapore Flyer

The Singapore Flyer is currently the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. Described by its operators as an observation wheel, it reaches 42 stories high, with a total height of 165 m (541 ft), and is 5 m (16 ft) taller than the Star of Nanchang and 30 m (98 ft) taller than the London Eye.



The capsule

Inside the capsule


Enjoying the beautiful view

My friend, Arnold Castillo from MTG Group

Do you see the building with a boat-shape structure on top ?  That's Marina Bay Sands Singapore

At the Singapore Flyer Gifts Shop

BEAUTIFUL SCENERIES FROM THE TOP


Marina Bay Sands Singapore Sky Park

The Sands SkyPark is an awe-inspiring engineering wonder. This unique structural masterpiece, designed by visionary architect Moshe Safdie, floats atop the three soaring Marina Bay Sands hotel towers 200m in the sky.


Stretching longer than the Eiffel tower laid down or four and a half A380 Jumbo Jets, with an impressive 12,400 square meters of space, the Sands SkyPark can host up to 3900 people. The gravity-defying cantilever is one of the largest of its kind in the world. From this privileged observation deck, hundreds of visitors at a time can feast their eyes on the unforgettable panorama view.













No comments: